Enterprise and Innovation Programme (branded as “PEAK”) is funded by UK aid from the UK Government works to promote a stronger, diversified and more inclusive private sector in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan and aims to stimulate the development of startups and MSMEs, increase business innovation and promote entrepreneurial support to local youth, women, migrants and other disadvantaged groups to enable them to build life-changing ventures.
PEAK establishes business innovation centres (or BICs) that provide business support programmes virtually or onsite, and guide starting entrepreneurs and growing businesses on formulating a business solution to a problem, and develop their knowledge and skills in product development, business strategy modelling, marketing, financial planning and raising finance from investors and funders. The programmes are delivered through interactive trainings and one-to-one coaching.
PEAK has developed a network and strengthened the capacity of business advisory service providers (BASPs) to provide quality and competitive business diagnostic and advisory services that are market-driven and supportive of business innovation and growth. It is also building a network of business mentors to provide business advice and professional services to startups/MSMEs (onsite at PEAK BICs or remotely). PEAK’s business support programmes also count on international business experts and mentors from the United Kingdom and other countries.
Scope of Position
The Intern will work full time under overall and direct supervision of the PEAK Bishkek Director to support PEAK Bishkek Business Innovation Centre’s programmes and activities.
Completed higher education
- Initial work experience would be an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Russian and Kyrgyz as an asset,
- Proficient user of office equipment (computer, printer/scanner/copier)
- Knowledge of MS Office programmes and Internet research.
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Ability to work overtime when required (with compensation time)
General tasks and responsibilities:
The intern will undertake the following tasks and produce relevant deliverables:
- Support PEAK Bishkek team in documents translation into English, Russian and Kyrgyz
- Support PEAK Bishkek team in organizing online/live/hybrid activities: seminars, trainings, conferences, meetings etc.
- Support PEAK Bishkek team in preparing documentation (meeting minutes, reports, evaluation/feedback forms, databases, etc.)
- Support PEAK Bishkek team in preparing operational/administrational documents (ToR, SoW, requests, etc.)
- Support PEAK Bishkek team in collecting information from programme participants, graduates, partners, etc. through phone calls, emailing, other means of communication.
- Support PEAK Bishkek team with administering e-platforms and accounts (Zoom, Webex, etc.)
- Support PEAK Bishkek team with maintenance of PEAK Bishkek office
- Support PEAK Bishkek team in running errands for the programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages
Perform other duties requested by PEAK Bishkek team and PEAK Kyrgyzstan management.
This is a paid short-term internship. Period of the assignment May 2022 – April 2023.
Monthly remuneration is 250 GBP gross.
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan with travels to the region
Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their CV and Cover letter no later than 23:59 on April 25, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org, “Intern, PEAK Bishkek” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.