Start Date: April 2022
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective gove
rnance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objective of the Programme
The Enterprise and Innovation Programme (EIP and branded as ‘PEAK’) is, funded by UK aid of the UK Government and implemented by DAI Global UK Ltd. in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. EIP aims to increase innovation and growth in start-ups and Micro-Small and medium Sized companies (M-SME), by establishing hybrid business innovation centres (BICs) that combine virtual and physical service delivery. These PEAK Centres will identify and select candidates to receive direct business support to start or grow their business and develop their business development competencies. Whilst the centres will not provide financing, they will refer suitable and certified start-ups to credible financial intermediaries such as banks, microfinance institutions and private investors. The centres will provide vocational training, coaching, mentorship and practical business advice, within the context of the country.
Scope of Position
BIC & Partnerships Manager will support Business Innovation Center (BIC) – PEAK on the development and timely implementation of its hybrid BIC deployment strategy as well as develop partnership linkages with entrepreneurship ecosystem actors, including financial institutions to link BIC – supported businesses to finance, and oversee the overall operations and performance of the BICs/PEAK. He/She will report directly to the Country Director who oversees the Kyrgyzstan operations.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead on the implementation of the PEAK/BIC’s workplans in the capital city and regional (Osh and Karakol) centres;
- Supervise the performance of individual BICs, including the development of BICs’ operations systems and manuals, annual workplan and operational budgets, and monitor against actual results reported by BICs/PEAK;
- Development, oversee and implement sustainability BIC’s plan
- Oversee the piloting and implementation of revenue generation activities to increase the sustainability of BICs (in coordination with the BIC director(s));
- Lead on recruitments of BIC/PEAK Centre staff and the procurement of assets and BIC office renovation works;
- Contribute to the production of quality management and technical reports and documents;
- Manage BIC staff members.
- In coordination with the Country Director (and supported by the BIC/PEAK staff ), initiate and build relationships with key stakeholders from the government, private sector and donor community that support BIC/PEAK to achieve its mission;
- Identify potential ecosystem partners for co-delivery, other contribution to BIC/PEAK’s business support programmes, or other engagements and projects, and lead on negotiations with them;
- Advise on and facilitate linkage and agreements with local funders and investors (MFIs, banks, investment funds and private investors);
- Support BICs/PEAK in organising investor events.
- Degree in business administration, finance, economics, or other relevant qualification;
- Minimum 5 -7 years of experience in Kyrgyzstan or other CIS countries;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing teams;
- Proven experience in business incubation/acceleration and/or SME development, eg. establishing and/or running incubators, accelerators, or other SME/startup business support programmes and events;
- Experience in working with or establishing partnerships with financial institutions;
- Proficient in English, Kyrgyz and Russian languages, spoken and written.
- Strong in-country network, including connections with all major business associations, incubators, consulting firms, accounting firms, academia, relevant government institutions, and other service providers ;
- Experience in international donor funded projects.
Duty Station: DAI/EIP Office in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, with travel to other regions of Kyrgyzstan and possibly to Tajikistan.
APPLICATIONS: Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their CV and Cover letter no later than 23:59 on March 17, 2022 to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.