Start Date: April 2022
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objective of the Programme
The Enterprise and Innovation Programme (EIP and branded as ‘PEAK’) is, funded by UK aid of the UK Government and implemented by DAI Europe in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. EIP aims to increase innovation and growth in start-ups and Micro-Small and medium Sized companies (M-SME), by establishing hybrid business innovation centres (BICs) that combine virtual and physical service delivery. These PEAK Centres will identify and select candidates to receive direct business support to start or grow their business and develop their business development competencies. Whilst the centres will not provide financing, they will refer suitable and certified start-ups to credible financial intermediaries such as banks, microfinance institutions and private investors. The centres will provide vocational training, coaching, mentorship and practical business advice, within the context of the country.
Scope of Position
The BIC/PEAK Bishkek Programme and Content Manager will support PEAK on the development and delivery of business support programme in alignment with PEAK strategy and goals to provide sufficient business development support for local startups and MSMEs. Programme and Content Manager develops the market-driven programmes, lead the selection process of participants, coordinates the work of trainers, coaches and guest speakers, evaluates the efficiency of the programmes, and coordinates other programme related activities. Programme and Content Manager will report directly to BIC/PEAK Director and EIP/PEAK Product Development Manager.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage timely and effective planning, development and delivery of business support programmes, including incubation/(pre-)acceleration/mentorship programmes (in close coordination with Product Development Manager (PDM));
- Conduct needs assessments to design demand-driven BIC products & services for startups and MSMEs;
- Co-develop the annual plan of business support programmes and activities;
- Support PDM and lead, when required, on identification and selection of target segments;
- Support PDM and lead, when required, on recruitment, selection and engagement of trainers, mentors and guest speakers (in close coordination with PDM);
- Lead on recruitment and enrolment of the PEAK centre’s programme participants;
- Manage and conduct the events and activities within BIC programs;
- Evaluate the efficiency of the programmes, monitor the progress and deliverables of enrolled companies, collect the reviews and feedback, and implement the changes to improve the quality and impact of the programmes;
- Lead on pre-/post-testing and clients’ satisfaction (in coordination with M&E Manager and PEAK Centre team);
- Liaise with consortium and other partners on co-developing new programmes and content designing;
- Organise and deliver in-person/virtual/hybrid trainings and coaching and provide guidance to teammates and partners in delivering high-quality incubation/pre-acceleration/acceleration and mentorship programmes;
- Provide coaching support to PEAK centre’s programmes participants;
- Co-ordinate with other P&CMs in other PEAK centres the management of PEAK’s e-learning and incubation management platform, storage of training materials, filling of evaluation and test documents, and other business education related materials;
- Deliver the business development trainings and coaching;
- Develop the programme reports;
- Utilise EIP/PEAK platforms and tools to develop, harvest and catalogue all learning content, based on the BIC/PEAK programs;
- Perform other duties that may be required by PEAK Centre Management for effective implementation of programmes/activities.
Education: Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Business Administration, Economy, Management, Marketing or other relevant field required or equivalent extensive professional entrepreneurial/business experience with proven track-record.
- Degree in business administration, finance, economics, or other relevant qualification;
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of work experience in Kyrgyzstan or other CIS countries;
- Relevant work experience in SME/startup development, support, or management. Former entrepreneur or SME owner;
- Relevant work experience setting up and/or running incubators, accelerators, or other SME/startup support programs (e.g.: University labs, donor programs, events like Startup Weekend or Global Entrepreneurship Week etc.);
- Knowledge of the local community with a network of key ecosystem stakeholders: universities, government, private-sector and international projects connections;
- Experience in managing a business development services or deeply understand the key components of entrepreneurial success especially during the initial years of business lifecycles;
- Experience in managing and conducting the education cycles in the field of business development and incubation, developing the training manuals, delivering the trainings and workshops;
- Familiarity with advanced technology companies;
- Experience in working with IT startups preferred;
- Knowledge and experience in working with a formal/informal network of contacts that are key ecosystem stakeholders: private-sector, startups, IT sector, government, universities, NGOs, and to some extent international connections.
- Proven experience in business incubation/acceleration and/or SME development, e.g. developing and delivering in-person/virtual/hybrid business support programmes, services and events; management of startups and MSMEs;
- Knowledge of the local entrepreneurial environment and ecosystem, including needs and opportunities of local businesses and key ecosystem actors;
- Ability to organize and deliver technical trainings to different audiences (startups, MSMEs, entrepreneurs, business owners) in management, consulting, and other relevant topics, as well as the ability to mobilize the right trainers to do so, including through competitive processes;
- Advanced research skills, including internet research and the ability to find relevant and reliable content for trainings;
- Strong communication skills to deliver quality trainings;
- Inspiring and engaging trainer, who is adept at listening, questioning, explaining and giving feedback and good at explaining concepts;
- Flexible organization skills;
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning;
- Practical skills in video and photo editing software;
- Experience in social media tools (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc.).
Languages: Proficient in English, Kyrgyz and Russian languages, spoken and written.
- Strong in-country network, including connections with all major business associations, incubators, consulting firms, accounting firms, academia, relevant government institutions, and other service providers;
- Experience in international donor funded projects.
Duty Station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, with travel to other regions of Kyrgyzstan and possibly to Tajikistan.
APPLICATIONS: Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their CV and Cover letter no later than 23:59 on March 17, 2022 to email@example.com to the attention of Finance and Operations Manager, including “BIC/PEAK Bishkek Programme and Content Manager” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.